At numaBlu Hair Salon, your safety and peace of mind is always our first priority. We thank you for your patience and co-operation in helping us to serve you with the very best in hair styling techniques and products. The following list of protocols is evolving, as we follow guidelines from the CDC and State officials. Please understand that even if you feel well, we all must participate in these protocols, as about 60% of all cases of COVID-19 are asymtomatic.
1. All guests and staff are required to wear a face mask. The mask must provide ample coverage of the nose and mouth (from bridge of the nose to below your chin and should not be hanging loosely around the sides), and be worn properly at all times. The mask should have loops that go over the ears to allow for hair styling. Masks should be clean and disposable/washable. In case you do not have a face mask or require a new one, one may be provided for a nominal fee.
2. Extensive cleaning is being done throughout the day.
3. Doors will be opened for you by staff members.
4. A distance of at least 6 feet must be maintained. All salon chairs have been arranged to be 6 feet apart.
5. Please understand that we will not be able to hug or shake hands at this time.
6. If you are now experiencing or have experienced any of the following symptoms (or if you have been exposed to anyone diagnosed with COVID-19) within the past 2 weeks (even if you assume it to be allergies), we ask that you call your healthcare provider and reschedule your appointment to a time advised by your healthcare provider (no penalty or fees for rescheduling your appointment):
-Shortness of Breath
-Non-productive Dry Cough
-Loss of Sense of Smell and/or Taste
7. Guests are prohibited from bringing any additional person (unless he/she will also receive pre-scheduled salon services) or pets to visits.
8. Handbags and personal belongings (except mobile phones) are prohibited. Please lock valuables in your vehicle or leave them at home.
9. Gloves will be worn by staff members; and staff members will wash hands and change gloves between each guest.
10. Each guest will be provided with a clean cape (washed with laundry detergent and sanitized with Lysol Laundry Sanitizer), or a single-use disposable cape.
11. Guests will be required to sanitize hands upon arrival to the salon. Please do not wear gloves prior to arrival.
12. Staff members will be wearing clean smocks/gowns and single-use (disposable) aprons, to be changed between providing service to each guest.
13. Please inform our staff if you have any allergies, questions or concerns.
14. The number of persons allowed in the salon at one time will be limited. The maximum number of stylists on site at one time will be two. Appointment times will be staggered to allow for reduced occupancy and additional cleaning time in between guests. Therefore, services will be provided by appointment only. Walk-in clients must call to inquire about availability.
15. There is no waiting area at this time.
16. Guests are required to call 781-871-6862 from their cars upon arrival; at which time a series of COVID-19 questions will be asked and guests will be instructed as to when they should proceed to the salon and which door to enter from.
17. All non-porous implements (including brushes, combs, clippers) are cleaned and disinfected between each guest.
18. Each shampoo sink is cleaned and disinfected between each guest, as are hand rails and seats.
19. Styling stations and chairs will be cleaned and disinfected between each guest.
20. Your personal items (including phone) should be handled as little as possible, and as absolutely necessary and never while service is being performed.
21. Staff members are well-educated in the subject of disease transmission and control. Management carries a B.Sc., Massachusetts Cosmetology License, and received a Barbicide® General Sanitation and COVID-19 Certification. This is in addition to the standard Cosmetology training in the State of MA focused on sanitation and hygiene practices.
22. Curbside pick-up is available for product purchases. To arrange a pick-up, please call 781-871-6862.
23. Precautionary screening at numaBlu Salon: Guests will be provided with a COVID-19 Questionnaire prior to appointment time. Touchless temperature and oxygen level checks will be performed on staff throughout the day and on all staff and guests prior to entry to the salon. Any individual with a temperature of 100.4 or higher will be denied entry to the salon, and guests will be required to reschedule appointments.
24. We recommend that anyone with underlying health conditions and/or defined by the CDC and State officials as being at "high risk" for COVID-19 complications consider staying at home until further advised by the CDC and authorities, as we are in the first phase of of re-opening in Massachusetts, which carries a "Safer at Home Advisory."
25. During this initial phase of re-opening, numaBlu Hair Salon & Day Spa will only be accepting appointments for hair services. Day Spa services, such as facials, lash extensions, waxing, etc. will not be offered at this time, but may be available in the near future, providing that all goes well and we enter the next phase of re-opening, which would be announced by State Officials.
26. If you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 (as listed in Item #6 of this web page), please contact your healthcare provider immediately, and please report to us right away if you test positive for COVID-19 within 2 weeks after visiting our salon, so that we can ensure the safety of staff and others.
27. We request that you kindly arrive for hair cut or blowdry appointments with damp, pre-washed hair. For safety (to avoid blowing the air around in the salon), we request that you consider omitting the blowdry process of your service.
28. Windows will be open to allow for plenty of ventilation throughout the salon.
29. Multiple HEPA air filters with UV lights will be operating throughout the salon.
30. We have extended and staggered our business hours. Appointment times are available Tuesday through Sunday (Yes, we are open on Sundays!).
31. Initial consultations for new guests may be done remotely upon request (when possible) via Zoom, Facebook or Face Time. We also offer distance Reiki (which can be done remotely). To request a remote consultation or Reiki session, please enter your request in the "comments" section of your reservation or call 781-871-6862.
To make an appointment, please call 781-871-6862 or Book Online. Please note that appointment times are subject to change. There will not be any penalty for re-scheduling/cancelling appointments, however, with the exception of illness-related cancellations, a 24-hour advance notice would be much appreciated.
Copyright © 2018 numaBlu Hair Salon & Day Spa - All Rights Reserved.